Our furry case managers – We thank you!!!!
“May I please get a pet?” This is usually the first question a client asks us when they receive permanent housing from our agency at Cherry Creek Village.
Our response??… Of course, absolutely. And this is why we say YES!!!!!!!
Service animals act as our case management assistants. They reinforce our efforts. Animals also provide a long list of other benefits inherent in the human-canine relationship:
- Relief from feelings of isolation
- An increased sense of well-being
- Daily structure and healthy habits
- An increased sense of security
- An increased sense of self-efficacy
- An increased sense of self-esteem
- An increased sense of purpose
- Mood improvement, and increased optimism
- A secure and uncomplicated relationship
- A dependable and predictable love, affection and nonjudgmental companionship
- Motivation to exercise
- Encouragement for social interactions
- Reduction in debilitating symptoms
- Greater access to the world
- Around the clock support